- Protects spa and hot tub equipment from scale and metal stains
- For chlorine or bromine treated spas and hot tubs
SpaGuard Stain & Scale Control is highly effective and easy to use for preventing scale formation on spa surfaces, heaters, piping and equipment. Also prevents stains caused by iron, copper, and manganese. Stays effective for up to 60 days. For use in pools sanitized using chlorine or bromine.
- To Prevent Stains And Scaling Or For Removal Of Fresh Stains And Scale:
- Clean or back-wash filter following manufacture's directions.
- Pour entire dosage directly into the spa water with the pump operating. Keep pump operating for at least two hours
- Some existing stains may be removed by brushing stain with the spa brush after application of Stain & Scale Control
- Weekly application of 1 oz per 300 gallons is recommended to prevent scale and stains
- Clean filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser at least every 60 days
- Spa Maintenance Tips:
- Test spa water a minimum of once a week
- keep water pH between 7.2 and 7.6
- keep total alkalinity at 100 ppm - 150 ppm and calcium hardness at 150-300 ppm
- Refill residential spas and hot tubs every 60 days. heavy use commercial spas every 4 days, and normal use commercial spas every 8 days
- Clean and backwash filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser a minimum of every 60 days
- At refill time, clean spa surfaces with SpaGuard Surface Cleaner
FOR BEST RESULTS: Repeat application monthly.