- Prevents and removes metal stains and scale on pool surfaces
- For chlorine or bromine treated pools
BioGuard Scale Inhibitor is highly effective at preventing scale build-up and cloudy water from high calcium levels. Easy to use, while protecting pool surfaces and equipment from costly damage. Stays effective for up to fours weeks. For use in pools sanitized using chlorine or bromine.
- Initial Treatment
- Clean or back-wash filter following manufacture's directions.
- With pump running add 1 quart of this product per 10,000 gallons of water
- Pour product directly into pool
- Continue to rum pump for 24 to 48 hours after this addition
- Maintenance Treatment
- Apply 16 fl oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water once a month
- Add product directly to pool water with pump on
- Maintenance doses should be used for pools in areas where excessive hardness of metals cause constant scale and staining problems
- Removal of Fresh Stains
- Many fresh (less than 5 days old) metallic stains can be removed by this product
- Add this product at the rate of 1 quart per 10,000 gallons of water
- Apply directly to the pool in the area of the stains
- Brush the stained area daily for 3 to 5 days
- Large metal stains my require repeat treatments
- Where metal stains have aged into the pools surface, draining and acid washing is recommended for white plaster pools only. Consult your BioGuard dealer regarding this matter
FOR BEST RESULTS: Repeat application monthly.