- Premium formula, highly effective, kills ALL types of algae
- Fast-acting, non-foaming, producing results in 24 hours
- PoolShocks BEST algaecide
Algae Complete is BioGuard's latest innovation for algae treatment and prevention. This unique product contains two algae-killing ingredients, along with additional benefits to make dealing with algae easier for you. The two algae-killing ingredients in this new product are copper and polyquat. Algae Complete contributes the same level of copper to the water as Banish. With the addition of quat into the formula, however, the product now has two different mechanisms for killing algae. Copper disrupts enzymes within the algae cell while quats bury themselves in the cell wall and lyse the cell. Having two modes of action to kill algae is beneficial, especially when dealing with troublesome resistant algae.
Additional benefits provided in this formula include a surface & waterline cleaner and a clarifier. The surface & waterline cleaner helps make it easier to remove surface clinging algae. Note that this will not replace the need of brushing, but it should make the process easier. The clarifier will help remove dead algae to clear the water faster. An additional clarifier, such as Pool Tonic, may be used in severe situations to expedite the cleaning process; the clarifier in this product will work in conjunction with other ancillary products for additional benefits.
- Visible Algae Dosage
Add 16 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Prevention Dosage
- Initially apply 8 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water
- Thereafter, for weekly application add 1.5 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water
- For two week application intervals add 3 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water every other week
- Apply more if pool value is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
Prior To Application
- Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary clean the filter system.
- Adjust pH between 7.2-7.6
- Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels. In chlorine-treated pools, add stabilizer to establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of cyanic acid to reduce the degrading effects of sunlight on chlorine residual.
- Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool.
- Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pool's surface with a surface-compatible brush.
Treatment Of Visible Pool Algae
- Apply a BioGuard oxidizer per label directions.
- Allow to circulate for 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 fluid ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces.
- Prior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.
To Prevent Pool Algae
- Initially apply 8 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- After the initial dose, for weekly application add 1-1/2 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals add 3 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
**If you have Black Algae this product will work but in this case we recommend Silvertrain
- Poly [oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene dichloride]: 6.50%
- Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate**: 13.07%
- Other Ingredients: 80.43%
**Metallic Copper: 3.3%